This and that and I'll use numbers because it's easier. It's not a long list by any stretch.
1. I had an all day meeting in Atlanta today (woe), but I did stop by Horsetown on my way home. I now have two new saddle pads for Asia and India. Before they wear them for the first time, I'm going to get them monogrammed. One will say Asia and the other will have Princess of the Universe. Yes, when it comes to dressing up my horses, I'm more than willing to spend money. When it comes to dressing me up? Not nearly as much fun. Today I had to be dressed up so I went with a black skirt, black top, an off white jacket and black shoes. Sometimes life would be easier if I had a school uniform. Stay tuned as I'll put up pics of the saddle pads after I get them monogrammed.
2. The Tour de France is on and for the first time in 10 years I'm just not into it as much. I'm more excited by seeing Bob Roll, Paul Sherwen, and Phill Liggett again and for those of you who are not cycling fans, they're the commentators. Both Bob and Paul raced in the Tour while Phil has been commentating forever. I enjoy them all. The racing is exciting, too, but all the doping of recent years has harshed my squee a bit. Tonight is the Alp d'Huez stage and it's always worth watching.
3. POEM!!!
Another Reason Why I Don't Keep A Gun In The House
The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
He is barking the same high, rhythmic bark
that he barks every time they leave the house.
They must switch him on on their way out.
The neighbors' dog will not stop barking.
I close all the windows in the house
and put on a Beethoven symphony full blast
but I can still hear him muffled under the music,
barking, barking, barking,
and now I can see him sitting in the orchestra,
his head raised confidently as if Beethoven
had included a part for barking dog.
When the record finally ends he is still barking,
sitting there in the oboe section barking,
his eyes fixed on the conductor who is
entreating him with his baton
while the other musicians listen in respectful
silence to the famous barking dog solo,
that endless coda that first established
Beethoven as an innovative genius.
Billy Collins
4. Never underestimate the value of a liberal arts education. I'm just sayin'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment