Thursday, July 24, 2008

And now for something completely different

I had another riding lesson with Corrie this afternoon and learned a lot and progressed as a rider and had marvelous thoughts to share with all y'all about it, but then I got home and I had to feed the horses and the dogs and start a load of laundry and run to Krogers and you know what? All those thoughts about leg positions and heels down/toes up and cantering went skittling around in my brain and fled to the outer reaches where they are tucked in behind left over bits of 11th grade trigonometry and some rocks I studied when I took geology my sophomore year at Sewanee. So, they ain't coming back anytime soon. Suffice it to say that I learned a lot and it's way more interesting than trig, but maybe not rocks.

But that's ok. Why? Because first Craig sent me this:

(Gacked from "To the Point News")
Prepare yourself for this one - maybe with a Stoli martini or two.

Back in the days of the Soviet Union, the Soviet Red Army had an official choir composed of male soldiers and musicians. It still exists. The Red Army Choir performs throughout Russia to this day.

Now consider the Finnish rock band called The Leningrad Cowboys. A little while ago, they held a concert in Russia, in which - to the screaming applause of Russkie teen-agers - they got the Red Army Choir to join them on stage for a performance of "Sweet Home Alabama." In English. You couldn't make this up.

We're talking seriously off the wall here. Better have that Stoli ready when you watch it:



Kids, that hair? It's scary and fascinating, just like a massive train wreck. And it's oh so wonderful that the internet brings it right to you.

OK, so there's that. What else is out there on the internet? Why, there's Beaker!



Beaker doing Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" and Waldorf and Astoria at the very end. Oh, but life is so wonderful and how can you not applaud when it ends?

2 comments:

Pop's Tart said...

Too funny!!! I loved the videos!!! Thanks for making my day!!!
Angie

Anonymous said...

You have entirely too much time on your hands! Where did we fail you?

Mother of two beautiful young women, one of whom who has too much time on her hands.