My love for dressing up my horse has no end. This is Barbie Asia as she was being tacked up for a four hour trail ride down in Dooley County this morning. See the new saddle pad with her name embroidered on the corner in Barbie pink? I rode with Grits and Jim and had a grand time. It was overcast when we started out and a slight breeze was blowing, so it wasn't as bad as it can be in July in Georgia. The final hour had less cloud cover and the day was just hotter, so I was happy to finish the ride, hose her off, stick her in a cool stall with plenty of water and then go in the house and have several glasses of cold, ice water. Once cooled off, it was nice to have a plate of local bbq and a deliciously cold salad of tomatoes, onions, and cukes. They hit the spot. I carry ice water on the ride, but it's never enough, especially as humid as it was today. It was wonderful to peel off my hot, riding tights and change into a skort. Oh, July!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Barbie Asia
My love for dressing up my horse has no end. This is Barbie Asia as she was being tacked up for a four hour trail ride down in Dooley County this morning. See the new saddle pad with her name embroidered on the corner in Barbie pink? I rode with Grits and Jim and had a grand time. It was overcast when we started out and a slight breeze was blowing, so it wasn't as bad as it can be in July in Georgia. The final hour had less cloud cover and the day was just hotter, so I was happy to finish the ride, hose her off, stick her in a cool stall with plenty of water and then go in the house and have several glasses of cold, ice water. Once cooled off, it was nice to have a plate of local bbq and a deliciously cold salad of tomatoes, onions, and cukes. They hit the spot. I carry ice water on the ride, but it's never enough, especially as humid as it was today. It was wonderful to peel off my hot, riding tights and change into a skort. Oh, July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I like Asia's new saddle blanket!!! She looks good in Barbie Pink. What does POTU's look like??
Post a Comment