Fall is here! I know because I'm having a really good hair day. No Marilyn Quail flip because of the low humidity. Another tip off? Too cold this morning not to wear a sweatshirt when feeding and Ralph's really getting a nice, winter coat. The nights are coming sooner and yes, it's dark when I'm feeding in the morning and has been for the last month. Makes it hard to get up at 6:00 a.m. when it's pitch black out the window. Because I knew it was going to be so cool, I rode my bike to lunch, the first time in many months.
Note to self: When selecting a pair of bike shoes to wear when biking to lunch, please select pair with clips. Clipless pedals without clips aren't much fun. Still, biking to JC today was good because the weather is so lovely. That is all.
What am I listening to right now? Why it's
Heartaches by the Number sung by Roseanne Cash. Get an early listen of her new album,
The List, here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=113172047&sc=nl&cc=mn-20090930. I can see that this is going on my wish list at amazon.
And finally this. I heard Tina Brown on NPR and was shouting in agreement as soon as I heard her premise:
Let's not abandon Afghanistan's women! The argument is successfully made in
Half the Sky that if you want to end terrorism, educate girls. What will happen to all the women and girls who are getting an education for the first time in years if we let the Taliban take over again? How can we do this? I shudder to think of the potential for peace that would be lost if we let that happen. Think about it, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment