Monday, June 22, 2009

Books!

Hey, a meme about books! Couldn't pass it up.

Don’t take too long to think about it.
Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you.
First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
Copy the instructions into your own post.

1. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
2. The Blue Sword by Robin MckKinley
3. The Black Stallion and all the rest of them by Walter Farley
4. Eloise at Christmastime by Kay Thompson
5. The Phantom Tollboth by Norton Juster
6. Now We Are Six by A.A. Milne
7. Into the Heart of Borneo by Redmond O'Hanlon
8. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
9. Misty of Chincoteague by Marguerite Henry
10. Sword Dancer series by Jennifer Roberson
11. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
12. Narnia series by CS Lewis
13. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein
14. Riddlemaster of Hed series by Patricia McKillip
15. Darwath trilogy by Barbara Hambly
and three bonus because I can't stop with only fifteen
16. School for Young Riders by Jane M. Dillon
17. The Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
18. American Gods by Neil Gaiman


*****************
Since last Saturday I've had ripe peaches in my kitchen and they smell so wonderful. I hate potpourri of any sort, but the real thing? I wish peaches were in season year round as I would keep them on the counter in the lovely, blue and white bowl that Wandering Woo Woo gave me nine years ago. I've got peaches, nectarines, apples and naval oranges in it now.

To my immediate right is a bowl of peeled and cut up peaches with blueberries on top. It's the best dessert ever, no sugar needed.

No comments: