Sunday, March 22, 2009

Horse Camp: A Walk in the Woods

I did something today at Horse Camp that I've never done before: I walked. It was odd to visit without Asia or Spooky, but I had a wonderful time. Daddy went with me, as did five dogs: Kudzu, Sparky, Rufus, Astro, and Governor, Daddy's dachshund.

The gear that I first spotted two weeks ago when riding with Kelly. It's huge, at least a foot and a half in diameter.



Trillium


Spring Flowers


Sparky & Astro along the trail




The Ocmulgee River


The redbuds are blooming

And after we hiked to General Adams' grave and back, we drove down Smith Mill Church Road to Wise Creek and to the ruins of Smith's Mill, which is really just this stacked stone wall and the remains of the mill race.



At a primitive Baptist church we found fascinating graves:

Grief Lynch lived a long time. Grief's name is fantastic.

No comments: