Asia tied to her trailer and enjoying some hay after a 2 hour ride at Horse Camp this morning. It was humid today, but not as hot, which made it more bearable. The trail was muddy in spots, but the fire service road was dry enough for a lovely canter. Once again we looked but did not find the old cemetery with the general from the War of 1812 buried in it. Maybe we'll find it this winter when the brush dies back some and we can see more of the world. Right now the weeds are lush; the rain last weekend from Hurricane Fay perked everything right up.
I rinsed Asia after the ride and then sat and enjoyed a beer with good company. I also had two plums, which are perfectly ripe now. Asia and Saber were happy to stand and munch hay and enjoy feelng cool.
Saber grinning while tied to his trailer. He's 7 now and has turned into a wonderful trail horse.
Asia loaded sweetly going and coming. Good mare.
Oh, and hunker down you hairy dogs! I had a line of cars with Georgia flags following me along highway 87 as I was headed up there this morning. Hard to believe that it's football season. It's not even September! The cars were very happy to see me turn down 1099 as I was maxing out at 60 miles per hour. It's amazing how much gas I save going slowly while hauling the trailer.
Now, off to clean up the house a bit or maybe I'll just dip into the 4th Stephanie Plum mystery. Such enjoyable fluff it is. Later I'm making a squash casserole to take to dinner with friends.
I hope you're doing something enjoyable today.



No comments:
Post a Comment