Monday, August 25, 2008

At least there's always cheese!

Sixty minutes of thinking of any kind is bound to lead to confusion and unhappiness.

~ Henry Ford


I've been required to do a lot of thinking lately and I'm here to confirm that there is confusion and unhappiness aplenty as a result. I won't trouble you with the details because truthfully, this too shall pass and it makes no difference in the end. However, it is difficult to think so much and by the time I get home, I'm not up for much posting of my life. (You may not have even noticed. That would be fine, too.) Thankfully, there's also the internet and good books and horses and dogs and family and friends. They ameliorate the confusion a good bit, but I'm spending much of my free time either running* or reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Good fluff. Entertaining fluff. Thoughtless fluff that at least once every book makes me laugh out loud. I finished book three last night and will start book four shortly. Oh, and let's not forget to leave laundry off the list of things to do. It's a given.

*In a fit of madness last month I decided to see if I could still run. Hard to believe that I ran religiously for so many years and that it all ended about ten years ago. Surprise, surprise: I can still run. I'm nowhere near the speeds I had back in the day, but at least I'm not shuffling and I ran 3 miles last Sunday morning. Anyway, I entered the Labor Day 5k, which I last ran ten years ago. Don't worry, I actually bought new running shoes before I began this weird trip down memory lane. What did Thoreau say? Oh yeah, it was "Beware all enterprises that require new clothes."

I will leave you with a picture of some interesting cheese.

Yes, it really is that color. Tasty nonetheless.

No comments: