
Babe in her new pasture with a new friend, the gray mare.
Saying goodbye to Babe-a-Lou. I told her to imagine she's off in boarding school for nine months.
Babe has gone to north Georgia, where it is no cooler there than here. I miss her, but it is nice to know that the 100 bales of hay that Mr. Hardin and I unloaded and stacked in my hay shed Friday morning will last that much longer with one less mouth. Babe is now with Christi where she'll stay until next summer when Caroline (and maybe Allie) return. Babe will travel south and then we'll go spin around the fields of Dooly County and up to Horse Camp.
John is in Waco, Texas where he reports it in unbearably hotter than Hades. He had hoped to return Monday, but the suite of hardware (chaff and flare dispenser; missile warning system) he's working on is being uncooperative. Seems it doesn't want to go in the C-130s that belong to some unnamed (for your protection) European country. He will be there a day longer than planned, maybe more. Keep your fingers crossed. I think back to that time he flew out to California in 2003 for a three day trip that morphed to three weeks. Thank goodness there are Walmarts out there cause that washing underwear in the sink and drying it with the hair dryer provided by the hotel gets pretty darn old.
Lazy day for me today, and those happen far too rarely. I napped and I did it on purpose rather than falling asleep on the sofa or the hammock. I also ran, went to the grocery store, made yogurt, vacuumed up copious amounts of dog fur (one of my hobbies), changed the sheets and bedspread on our bed, hung the picture over our bed higher so it's not hitting the new headboard (that I got last weekend), gave carrots to Asia and Ralph, watered the hydrangeas, and noodled around online. Other than the grocery store, it's been a very relaxing day.
Now I'm listening to Dire Straights and contemplating the week ahead. Monday looms too large on the horizon.



No comments:
Post a Comment