Saturday, May 5, 2012

U-Roar Adventure Race

Team Big Foot
You know, I think my idea of what's fun hasn't matured since I was 9 years old as there is nothing I like more than being out in the woods on a bike. Or a horse, but I didn't have a horse when I was nine, but I did have a Schwinn Slick Chick, the girl's version of a boy's Sting Ray, and I rode the heck out of that bike that year, often in the woods and pretending it was a horse. Today I went out in the woods and rode my Klein, which is just a wee bit prettier than that Slick Chick, which was a metallic purple with a banana seat and damn, do I wish that I still had that bike. Anyway, Team Big Foot assembled for the U-Roar Adventure Race and yes, I had a great day in the woods! Beth waded out to one of the check points!
And here I am ready to wade out to one of them, but this nice man racing solo came along at that minute and kindly offered to take our passport with him as he waded across Falling Creek to the checkpoint, thus saving me from getting my feet wet. I was happy to let him do it as I melt. Whether because I am made of sugar or am evil like the Wicked Witch, I'm not sayin'. You can decide for yourself.
The beautiful Ocmulgee River
Click on this to see the Garmin stats.

No comments: