Sunday, April 29, 2012
This morning I fed but didn't ride. I was all alone at the farm and since a friend got hurt pretty badly (bucked off and thrown into a tree. Two broken ribs, broken scapula, broken collar bone) last week who was riding by herself, I decided that I was going to play it safe. She was able to call a neighbor using her cell phone, who came out into the woods and scraped her up and took her to the ER. I took the opportunity to groom Asia and India really well and that means touching up their bridle paths. Yes, you get to see it here! Yawn and move onto the more exciting stuff if you will, but for me this is blog worthy.
I love looking at the line where a black mane springs from a chocolate brown neck. It's one of the prettiest things I know.
Asia's bridle path:
Asia rather enjoyed the attention. All the horses were enjoying a post breakfast doze and Asia was incredibly mellow as I brushed and brushed and brushed, put Keratex on her feet, and then trimmed her bridle path.
India:
I am giving in and embracing the mane in all its glory, which means copious applications of Show Sheen to keep it tangle free. Watch out Smart and Shiney, we'll soon be giving you a run for your money!
When I went to Dover last Monday with a friend (obscure state holiday for the win!) I bought Show Sheen in the gallon jug, that was on sale for $34 with a $10 mail in rebate and Dover was throwing in a free quart ($15) with the purchase of the gallon. I hit Show Sheen heaven!
India gets her bridle path touched up, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Hope your friend is OK - I've been there and know how painful that is.
I no longer go far from home by myself, although I might in the future . . .
Thank you for not taking risks when your safety is involved. I am willing to bet you are a demanding patient.
Post a Comment