Despite the horrid drought, if the fields are irrigated, the cotton plants seem to stretch on forever.
Sparky came back from our visit and seems to be pretty tired. She's enjoying the a/c that blows on the couch and since she had an hour drive home, she's dried off so that I'm not freaking out about having a wet dog there.



2 comments:
The dog-in-the-mud pic is adorable. I always remember the line from 101 Dalmatians about how "the house was filled with the delightful smell of wet dog..." as much as I love the pups, I've never liked the sulphury smell of wet dogs...even CLEAN wet dogs. There are times I'm glad I live in the desert! :)
Fetlock, I don't remember that quote from 101 Dalmatians, but it makes me laugh. Yes, wet dog is so delightful, or so says Sparky. And yet, as much as she loves this mud puddle, she freaks out over the river, even with her life jacket. Silly girl.
We've had another year of summer drought and puddles are hard to find, but Jim let the hose overflow the trough and not only does Sparky get in it, but his TWH loves to splash in it too, and I've seen his first field hunter drop and roll in it. It's fun to watch.
Post a Comment