Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Christmas Among the Ruins in August

Took these pictures about 10 days ago while out on a short ride with Elaine. I like that no matter how ragged your house may be, you can still decorate for Christmas.

Note the Christmas wreath. It's doing quite well withstanding the elements, but as we're in a drought, there's not much rain to do it harm and we so rarely get snow in middle Georgia that it makes sense to add icicle lights to your house to get that feel. Which is what you see below.


Normally I'd say take your icicle lights down no later than Easter, but admit that they do draw the eye away from the rest of the clutter on the front porch.

These two structures are within 50 feet of each other and Asia very bravely clambered up a steep bank and then stood quietly while I took pictures.

1 comment:

Katherine Helms Cummings said...

We have been known to mail our Christmas letter in April of the following year.