At the finish line of the 5k. I didn't even see the photographer at all, but thankfully, he or she saw me. Wore the Asics since it wasn't raining and didn't need to wear the Brooks to keep my feet dry. Love, love, love the Asics and I have 211 miles on them.
This year for the first time everyone can print out a spiffy certificate. The design at the top looks like the shirt, which I did not wear in the race. I'm always amazed by the number of people who do wear them each year. I'm more stealth, preferring to wear a plain, wicking shirt. I'll wear the shirt (and the shirts from previous years; I think my oldest is from 1989) to train in.

682nd out of 1,434....top half, so I'm happy.
And here it is as tracked by my Garmin:
Guntime Chiptime Pace
2011:
7th^ in my age group* 30:57 30:22 9:47**
^ The certificate says 8th; the results listing says 7th and there are 6 women ahead of me....
*and I aged up this year to a new group
**for the first time since 1997, I ran consistently throughout the year and it shows up in my pace
2010:
21st in my age group 31:57 31:04 10:00*
*trained three or four days a week for 2 months before the race
2009:
32nd in my age group 35:20 34:34 11:23*
*I did not train at all, and boy did I pay for it the next day when everything hurt!
2008:
18th in my age group 34:08 33:18 10:59*
*trained three or four days a week for 2 months before the race



2 comments:
You are an inspiration, no matter what you're wearing in the race! (And those "all about meeeee" posts are fine! :)
Dear Fetlock,
Thank you for graciously indulging me and the compliment. I'm glad I'm inspirational; it's a nice byproduct of maintaining my sanity. Without running, I'd surely have jumped off the ledge by now.
Hugs,
Kathleen
Post a Comment