



Spiders and Gummy Worms make mountain biking fun. I'm wearing my Dirt Princess jersey (matching socks!) that Diana and Carrie Sexton gave me for my birthday two years ago. Saw this huge spider in the parking lot at the trail head. She is cool and cooler still that she's not waiting to drape her web across my face by spinning across the trail. Beth MacFadyen had these gummy worms, which were just what I needed six miles into our nine mile ride. Gotta get me some of those. Finally, this Sweetwater Roadtrip Ale is hitting just the spot now that I'm home.



2 comments:
Ah, now those spiders - Argiope aurantia - I love. As long as they are not draped across any two structures that *I* will be going between myself. I always get fond of and grow attached to the ones who take up residence around our house, and become very sad when they are gone suddenly one day. Like this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/thermalnoise/4813997042/
The biggest spiders I've seen out here (and I haven't seen any for a few years) are these light green ones that like to live in grape arbors.
Hope they were sour gummy worms. Nothing like sour stuff to get the ol' salivary glands working again after a long ride!
Post a Comment