Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Get Up Early and Look Up

Launch and Landing

That's a link above that will take you to NASA's website. The page gives the details about the landing of the space shuttle, Atlantis.

I never made it to Florida to see a launch, despite saying that I wanted to do so. Too late now, that's for sure.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-july-14-2011/final-countdown
Would love to get this actually embedded, but can't figure it out now and want to go to bed. Love this clip from The Daily Show about the end of the shuttle program. "Let's do it again!" <-love that! ;0)

Ok, off to bed. Get up early and go watch. Not only is the shuttle going over, but so is the ISS, but it will be pretty light by then. It may not be too visible. Sparky and I will be out looking, though.

1 comment:

Captain Bailey said...

I saw the Daily Show comment too--thought that was great as well! I remember learning about the shuttle on our family trip to Florida when I was 11. Lot of memories there.