
So, Craig, Diana and I did the 30 mile option at Biking Bleckley this morning. I charged up the Sony point-and-shoot and then forgot to take it along, so no pictures of that adventure from me, but here is one Dean took of us at the second rest stop. It seems to me that whenever I ride with Diana it rains (remember IDIDARDE?), but this time it was a good 20 degrees warmer, we were riding road, and I didn't bail before the end of the ride. And by the time we finished two hours after we started (including two stops at the sag stops), the sun was out and the temps were climbing. It hit the low 70's today. Oh, middle Georgia, I do love you right now. I'll bitch come August, but not now.
Here is India, who I visited this afternoon and I did remember a camera. Elaine came along with me and snapped this pic with my new Canon. I'm modeling the (un)attractive Biking Bleckley t-shirt. If there was a contest for hideous bike shirts, Biking Bleckley would be a top finisher. This year it doesn't win because it's blue and you can look at it without sunglasses and not flinch. Other years it's been the same graphic on either florescent pink, yellow, or orange. I guess they think we'll wear them while riding and be more visible to drivers, but no one wears a long sleeve, cotton t-shirt to bike in, at least not serious bikers. It's all wicking fabrics that are sleek fitting to reduce drag. Anyway, now I'll finally reference the title of this post. Look at this monster filly. She's huge.
See? Big girl.
Here's a photo in the barn.
I did put the halter on her and tied her up and groomed her and we worked on circling and dancing a bit, but not for very long. Time was short and I really just wanted to see her before John and I leave for Brazil Tuesday.
BRAZIL!! Oh yeah. We won't be back until March 13th, but I will be taking along Six (my MacBook) and three digital cameras, so keep checking back in. There will be pictures galore.
What you don't get to see because there are no pics is my hay man's 4WD Suburban and his flat bed trailer stuck in my pasture today. Yeah, we got a lot of rain Thursday night, Friday, and Friday night. So much so that my pasture, especially near the hay shed, is slop. The wild hog we saw today in a cage being towed in a tiny trailer behind a beat up Toyota p/u as we biked along would be in hog heaven in my pasture. Muck, muck, muckity muck galore with muck on top and my LLBean waterproof boots are my favorite footwear. Anyway, that hog looked pretty pissed off about being towed along the back roads of Bleckley and we saw him twice as they passed us heading east and then came around again. Maybe the hog is a cycling fan, or maybe they wanted to expose him to all that Bleckley has to offer, or maybe they were just lost, but whatever. We saw him twice and he was not a happy hog.
My hay man had to go home and bring back his huge, Allis tractor and his wife to drive the Suburban and tow it out of my pasture. Noisy tractor and it would've made a great picture as it's tomato red and belches smoke and is noisy, but it sure does tow great.
One last picture of India as she strikes her Quarter Horse pose.



No comments:
Post a Comment