My sister on Babe. She could only ride for about 40 minutes because she had to volunteer at St. Francis in the afternoon, but I think she had a good time on Babe-a-Lou.
My mother on Babe. We took a much longer ride and went the entire length of the main trail all the way to Byers Road, down Byers back to the main road, and then down the shoulder for 100 yards back to Carol's. Babe was a rock, especially with the traffic on the main road. This mare is a great beginner's horse.
Marg on the left and I'm on the right.
Asia gave me grief this morning and didn't want to load,even though Babe was already on the trailer to prove that it was safe. Usually she'll load if there's already another horse on, but not this morning. She took a good 20 minutes of only putting her front legs on and then backing out, straight leg rearing, and finally capitulated. My original plan had us going to Horse Camp along the Ocmulgee, but since I couldn't trust Asia to load after the ride, I called Carol and asked if we could ride there instead. Carol, as she's done so graciously every time I've asked, said yes, even though she was soon to leave for work. Had Asia not loaded at the end of the ride, she could have spent the night at Carol's in a lovely pasture rather than tied to a tree at Horse Camp. ;p
And then I came home and practiced my other favorite sport: I vacuumed dog fur. Lots and lots of dog fur.



No comments:
Post a Comment