Saturday, June 2, 2012
Trees, Asia, Trailer Backing
Asia and I joined Elaine and Lady and JoAnna and Saber for a ride at 1099 this morning. Low humidity, low temps, it was hard to believe it's June in middle Georgia. The horses felt frisky in the cool morning and Asia gave me a good buck early on when we first picked up the trot, but she settled into being a nervous Thoroughbred and gave me an excellent ride. I do love this mare and I've not ridden her nearly enough lately, what with concentrating on getting India ready for the ride and tie last month. I don't think I ever updated on that ride because I got back and Sparky went into crisis and ended up dying at UGA's vet school and she was all I could think about for a week. I still think about her so much, but Jack is keeping me busy and is a love.
Anyway, along one of the creek crossings we always see this root system. Today I took its picture because is it not impressive? One day the tree will no doubt come down, but until then I love looking at it.
After the ride, while we enjoyed sandwiches and homemade salsa and Girl Scout cookies and beer, Asia hung out with Lady and dozed. She doesn't tie, but she will stand quietly with her best friend.
I am just this good at backing my trailer into its spot between the shed and the gate. First try!
Hey, it's a useful skill and not appreciated by all, but I know the few of you who read this blog will appreciate it too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Good job, girl!
Post a Comment