
This is a Yellow-rumped Warbler, specifically a Myrtle Warbler and I just spotted one in my bird bath, which is directly in sight through the window that faces my laptop. I've been here the last 45 minutes and seen a Carolina Wren, two Cardinals (or maybe the same one twice), and the Mourning Dove that's nesting on our back deck splashing and drinking, and then I noticed a bird I'd never seen before. That yellow spot on the head stood out like a flashing light, and the bird shook its wings and I saw the yellow there. By the time I'd stood up and puled my Audubon bird guide off the shelf above my head, the bird had flown off, but I'd gotten a good look and after flipping through all the yellow, perching birds in the guide, I've decided it's the Yellow-rumped Warbler.
There's also the Audubon's Warbler, but that one lives out west. Myrtle's aren't normally here this time of year, but they do spend the winter here. I think the one in my bird bath decided to be contrary and stick around.
Yesterday Asia and I took a great lesson from Corrie and then Kelly and I took Asia and Lissan to Joanna's for a lovely trail ride. The sky was gorgeous blue, the temps were in the low 70s, the horses were well behaved and gave us great rides. The day was perfect.
I hope you've had a a perfect day lately.



No comments:
Post a Comment