
This morning I went to the Pig Trail to really test out these new shoes. I bought them a month ago after running a race at the Pig and deciding that my Asics, although wonderful road running shoes, just didn't cut it on trail. I stubbed my toes too easily and although very comfortable, they're not stiff enough. I did some research and decided that Brooks had a shoe I might like, so I ordered them. I've worn them on a few runs in the morning, but all on road. How would they perform on dirt? I'm tickled to say that I'm thrilled. They were stiff enough but without being too clunky and when I got tired and stubbed my toes on roots, they really protected my toes. And best of all? I got them at Sierra Trading Post for quite a bit less than what they cost last year because they're last year's model. Not a slave to fashion am I! Didn't have to have this year's model.
Here's a creek shot from the Pig Trail. Very pretty.

I saw this guy out on the trail a little further on.

He was not afraid of me at all, standing there for a good two minutes while I waved my arms and yelled at him. Seeing he wasn't going anywhere, I realized that I could take his picture so you'd have proof of what killed me and surprise, it's not a snake! So, I took a few pics while also holding onto Sparky's collar. Only this one turned out half way decent. He finally turned and meandered off into the woods and I let go of Sparky's collar and we ran on. She surprised me by not showing any interest in chasing him.
Speaking of Sparky, check out this filthy girl.

Almost at the end of the run she got to wallow in the pond. I really need to invest in protective seat covers for the Tahoe. Sparky is now much cleaner and is happy to take a nap, although she's always eager for the next big adventure.



2 comments:
I love the photo of your dog cooling off her belly in the water!
PorkBellyAcres: Thanks for your comment. Sparky wallowed in that muddy pond and thoroughly cooled off her belly, as well as her back and her head and her tail. She was a glorious, muddy mess and thoroughly enjoyed herself. I was smart enough to bring a towel with me anticipating a large clean up job and she didn't disappoing. Aren't dogs grand? :-)
Post a Comment