Horses, dogs, bikes...all look good out in the woods.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
All the Way to China!
There's a watering hole in the cow pasture that's a perfect training opportunity for India. I found out during our trail ride at 1099 two weeks ago that India does not like walking into a ditch, so last weekend Jenny wanted to work on this skill and knew the perfect place. It was quite comical as India was convinced that in the hole lay dangerous things to trap and kill a Princess of the Universe, or if nothing to kill her, surely there were fissures in the clay that she would disappear into and pop out in China. These pics have languished on my camera for a week because I've just been too pooped to download and upload. Sure, the computer and the camera do all the work, but it's time consuming. Finally, while waiting for my floors to dry, I did it. I invite you over to see these floors for they are clean! My Dyson is The Suck and the Swiffer Sweeper and Wet Mop rock. Who knew that dog fur could travel so far from the dog?
We rode down to the ditch, Jenny on Windy and I on India, and Windy dropped right in. I asked India to follow and she flat out refused. No amount of kicking her forward worked, so Jenny decided that some ground work was in order. Thankfully, I've got the reins that buckle at the bit, so it was easy to unbuckle one side and create a long lead.
India Creeps In
India is convinced that she can see all the way to China in that crack.
India watches Jenny walk through safely and avoid danger
And then India decides that she can do this, too.
Jenny convinces India that she can do this.
India Takes Jenny To China So, now that India's learned that she can negotiate the ditch, Jenny asks her to do it again, but with Jenny mounted.
"My life has a brilliant cast, but I can't figure out the plot." ~Ashleigh Brilliant Yep, that just about sums it up.
"Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed." -Henry T. Merwin
"I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." ~John Muir
"People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.” ~Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth
No comments:
Post a Comment