Friday, September 19, 2008

Glee! Or I should have taken a before picture

TGIF, kiddiewinks. It's been another very long week at work as the restructuring continues. A very good friend didn't make the cut and is out as an executive director and to say that this week has been draining is putting it mildly. Also, I've had to get to work early and stay late, meaning that I've had to slack off running. I got papal dispensation to run this morning and didn't get to work until almost nine. I had a good run, too. I'll run 3 miles Sunday sometime. Why not tomorrow? Because it's horse time.

I left work early today (by early I mean on time) so I could come home and hitch up the horse trailer. I plan on rolling out the driveway to Hard Labor Creek State Park at 8:00 a.m. where I'll meet Gina, Joanna, Jennie,and Tiffany. Christi and Babe may show up; I'm not sure. The plan is to meet at 11:00 and I hope that by leaving early I can drive slowly and save some gas. The price this afternoon is down 40 cents a gallon from its high with Hurricane Ike. It's still bloody high, but that's enough of a drop that we can blow fiscal caution to the wind. Sanity is priceless.

Here's a link for the park: www.gastateparks.org/info/hardlabor
And here's a link for the trails: www.gastateparks.org/net/content/page.aspx?s=147719.0.1.5 Blogger isn't playing nice and putting in the links, so you'll have to cut and paste them in if you want to see them.

So, John helped me hitch up the trailer and we pulled it around to the drive. Asia usually has a horsie freak whenever she sees the trailer appear in its loading spot and I prefer that she get her freak on and out 12 hours before time to load. Also, it's quite pretty to see her gallop and buck in her field. I never have the camera ready.

Tonight I decided that it was time to quit wishing that the trailer faeries would magically wash two years of grime off the trailer and wash it myself. It didn't take too long and the results are really good. I wish that I'd taken a before picture, but I didn't think to. So, just imagine that it's a lot dingier with black gunk near the corners and wherever there is a metal fixture, such as the handles.

Ta daaa! The front side of my shiny, squeaky clean trailer.


The back view of my shiny trailer below:


My trailer gives me great glee. Sure, I adored my two-horse, fully enclosed with dressing room Featherlite, but Asia didn't. She much prefers the airiness of this stock trailer. She hated to load in the Featherlite. I decided after a year of praying everytime I wanted to go somewhere that I would sell the Featherlite and buy the stock. This Sundowner is fantastic. A riding friend gave me grief about it, thinking that I should spend the time to keep working with Asia and in one sense she was right. If I could have spent the hours working with Asia so that she hopped on that Featherlite without any fear, that would have been great. Realistically, that wasn't to be. I work full time. If the trailer faeries are scarce, the house faeries are even more so. I've not got a house keeper and I've got three dogs, two of which have a mission in life to sleep and shed fur in the house. I much prefer being outside on a horse or bike when I'm not working. It's my sanity. I didn't have the time to work with Asia and I was tired of padding in an extra hour for loading. Therefore, buying the stock trailer made sense. Sure, once or twice Asia's given me grief about the stock trailer, well, maybe three or four times, but each time I've been able to get her to load without too much fuss and the longest time was about 30 minutes. Then I've gone somewhere and ridden her and my sanity is greatly soothed. So yeah, buying the Sundowner was so worth it.

Ancient technology update: Probably not surprising to anyone, but we still have no home phone service. Windstream for the fail. :::knocks wood::: The internet seems to be running along just swell. :::hugs the internet and y'all close:::


Sparky dog with a stuffed duck. She's very proud of this duck. I thought you'd like to see her with the duck.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about work but I'm glad you're getting in some good horse therapy time. I'll still send good kharma thoughts your way 'cause we all could use plenty of that. All thoughts will be anti-snake, anti-pickle and anti-banana.