Monday, November 19, 2012

Hard Labor Creek State Park


I took India this past weekend to Hard Labor Creek. It was a toss up which mare I was going to take, right until the time came to load up the trailer with saddles and although I love Asia mightily and she is a marvelous trail horse, I found myself choosing India's Pessoa saddle rather than Asia's Stubben.

India did so well that I never regretted the choice. She was calm, she listened to me, she walked, trotted and cantered when I asked and rated. She was happy to lead and she was happy to follow. She did give a grumpy face every now and again when another horse got too close to her, but that was the extent of her bad mood. When Elaine and I split off from the other four riders, India whinnied a few times for her buddy, Paloma, but she went willingly away from her and quit whinnying within two minutes.

All in all? India is turning into a wonderful, wonderful trail horse. I am so pleased with my pony.

No comments: