Sunday, October 7, 2012

Huff 'n Puff Trail

 Rolling down a terrace on the Huff 'n Puff trail at Dauset Nature Center.  Huff 'n Puff has lots of these terraces to climb up and roll down and it makes for fun mountain biking. 
 Here is my 11 year old Klein Adept Race, which is The Prettiest Bike on the Planet (TM: me ;) leaning against a tree while I took Kim's picture.  I love this bike. About three years ago I toyed with the idea of getting a new bike, but didn't.  Now I'm glad that I didn't fall for the pretty/shiny of a new bike because really, this one suits me so well. I love the fit and I love the geometry. I know what this bike will do and what I can do on her. As long as I can replace worn out parts, she should keep going indefinitely.  The shocks on her are original, too.  John has a replacement shock he's said that I can have when this one finally gives out, which is good as shocks designed for bikes that don't have disc brakes are getting hard to find. 
Had to take a picture of this mushroom. It reminds me of the water tower in Gaffney, South Carolina that's shaped like a peach. 


No comments: