Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Babe celebrates Spring

Babe wanted to pose in front of this flowering tree because it matches her rider's boots and shirt and fleece sweater and her helmet. Babe would also like to know where her pink saddle pad is. I am derelict in my duty in failing to deck her out in pink. After all, the Cherry Blossom Festival starts this weekend.
I love this smile. This is what your first time on a horse should be: WONDERFUL!
I love this picture for I love this wonderful mare. She's so patient and you can trust her with your most precious things.
Pictures from today's work interlude. Around 10:30 I met a good friend at the barn and she brought her four year old granddaughter to ride Babe. Babe is the world's most perfect and wonderful first horse and she loved being groomed by her young rider. We went for a ride in the arena and then for a walk around the pond. Babe was so quiet and patient. I love this mare. She also loved the bag of carrots that they brought as a gift.

The weather was wonderful and it was a nice, two hour break from work. And then I put my work clothes back on and went back to protecting the public. I wish every day included a break to introduce a four year old to horses.

No comments: